CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Balance: myth or reality

A great topic as I start my last semester of my college career (at least for now) I know its going to be a very busy, trying, hard semester but I also know there are so many things God will be teaching me if only I'll let Him.
Mark Waltz did a great job putting this balance topic into perspective. Here are a few things...
*Balance: the feeling of being in control able to exercise choice and find equilibrium between your own needs and those of others whether at work/school or at home.

*I can't be all things to all people.
*My value defines me as what I do.
*I can't be slave to the tyranny of the urgent.
*I have to move my base of the scale to where the weight is heaviest and balance it out.

"There is more to life than increasing its speed." -Gandhi
"We do not rest because our work is done; we rest because God commanded it and created us to have a need for it." Gordon MacDonald
"Not everything that can be counted counts; and not everything that counts can be counted." -Einstein

Proverbs 17:24 An intelligent person aims at wise action, but a fool starts off in many directions.

I have to start this last semester on purpose but not in 1000 different directions. It will be busy but I still need to find time to rest. It will be challenging with the work load and finding time to do fieldwork and working part time as much as possible.

This is refreshing:
Matthew 6:33- Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need.
Ephesians 5:15- Life life with a due sense of responsibility, not as those who do not know the meaning of life, but as those who do. Make the best use of your time.
Psalm 39:4-7 Lord, help me to realize how brief my time on earth with be. Help me to know that I am here for but a moment more. My life is no longer than my hand! My whole lifetime is but a moment to you. Proud man! Frail as breath! A shadow! And all his busy rushing ends in nothing. He heaps up riches for someone else to spend. And so, Lord, my only hope is in you.

As I try to put all this into personal perspective and something to truly live by- I think it is a great start to the semester.
December still can't come soon enough ;)

Have a great day!


3 comments:

jeny said...

Wow, Britt this post really spoke to me where I'm at right now. Thanks for sharing.
I love you and I know this will be a great semester for you!

ANGEL said...

you too hon!!

i heart you sooo stinkin much!!!

Jayme said...

What a powerful blog! This is a tremendous spirit in which to start your last semester. Just remember, you only have to take one day at a time--Advice I should take to heart as I start my own semester next Monday!