CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 29, 2007

...but the greatest of all is love

Dr Bob shared this at NC last Thursday (27th) Its great!

I Corinthians 13 (rewritten by someone DB knows)


“If I live in a house of spotless beauty and everything in its place,

but have not love, I am a housekeeper, not a homemaker.

If I have time for waxing, polishing and decorative achievements,

but have not love, my children learn cleanliness—not godliness.

Love leaves the dust in search of a child’s laugh;

love smiles at the tiny fingerprints on a newly-cleaned window.

Love wipes away the tears before it wipes up the spilled milk.

Love picks up a child before it picks up the toys.

Love crawls with the baby, walks with the toddler, runs with the child

then stands aside to let the youth walk into adulthood.

Before I became a parent, I took glory in my house of perfection.

Now I glory in the Holy Spirit’s perfection of my child.

As a parent there is much I must teach my child, but the greatest of all is love.”

2 comments:

ANGEL said...

ohhh I was hoping you were gonna post this!

I so heart you!!!

jeny said...

Ummmm, I really need to borrow this. Thank you so much for posting it. It spoke to me more than you know. Especially lately.