CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 11, 2007

An unopened gift

You'd better slow down.

Don't dance so fast.

Time is short.

The music won't last.
When you run so fast to get somewhere

You miss half the fun of getting there.

When you worry and hurry through your day,

It is like an unopened gift....

Thrown away.

Life is not a race.

Do take it slower

Hear the music

Before the song is over.

I need not look back but only look forward and not forget to enjoy the moments in life... I have lived the "hurry through your day" much too often recently and its kicked my butt both physically and emotionally!
Today a child wrapped his arms around my neck while sitting in my lap during group and I had a huge internal grin. He had been attached to me all morning-but it was as though he was saying "stay right where you are- I won't let you move." Its the little things.
God has tried to get my attention and say "Brittani! I have you doing all this for a reason, your time is coming- just have perseverance and we'll get through this " but I get impatient and focus not on the blessings He has poured out on me but the trials that are thrown my way. I'm working on this. Its hard sometimes.

2 comments:

ANGEL said...

You are correct! I know it's been hard for you and I know there's been a lot of distractions lately. You know yourself what needs to be done and at what pace...

I just had an "external" grin when I read about your lil blessing :) Those lil things from God really are big and knowing you like I do...you didn't wanna let go :}

God has blessed you with a special gift for children. Look at the number of lil lives you've impacted over the past 8 years! These kiddos truly love and adore you...as well as their parents!!

You are definitely...

"Creating Memories and Impacting Lives"

I love you!!!!!!!

ANGEL said...

and or...

Impacting Lives and Creating Memories :)