CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

My practicum has come and gone

Today was my last day at ND... it was refreshing knowing that I officially have finished my early childhood degree but bittersweet since I know I'll miss the kids a ton. They became part of my life for over 3 months.. I had a great team to work with and children that were worth waking up early for. It was something new every day and I will never forget the one child that did art for the first time- and that it was with me.
I believe I grew a lot, considering as of August I had never taught 16-20 children in my life! I was a little worried about that "minor factor" but I went in and felt completely assimilated within 2 days. I'm hoping to go back and visit before the spring semester is over. I'm very grateful for the teaching experiences I have had over the past 3 months. It has been so exciting to watch the children grow and learn so many new things and accomplish great things! Yes, we do celebrate, sing and dance if a friend went "potty in the potty." Its a big deal for a 2 year old to sing and celebrate how far they've come!
I will always remember the daily hugs I received from each of these children.

1 comments:

Jayme said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I remember that happy/sad feeling. You will never forget your very first students and how much they taught you about yourself.