CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 17, 2008

acomplaintfreeworld.org and cold tangerines

If you haven't seen me since my party, I've been sporting this purple bracelet on either my right or left wrist.
Dr Bob had brought these bracelets up during a weekend service at Granger and the end goal is to break the habit of complaining. For me, thats tough- I am "ok" with the big things that tick me off or hurt me because I tend to stuff the emotions down but with the little things I find myself complaining a lot- about the smallest things.
The rules are you wear the bracelet on your right wrist and if you complain you have to switch it to the left wrist and start over the next day- the goal is to get through 21 days of being complaint free. I'm determined but I know it may take awhile- I'm having a hard time getting past 3 days. I can't imagine what day 19 will be like!
Pray for me during this time.
It helps that I'm reading Cold Tangerines and learning to celebrate every day.

1 comments:

Christine said...

Brit,
I think this is an outstanding idea! Maybe we'll try it. I'll be praying for you. xoxo