CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The wait is over...

For about 2 years I have not had a consistent job... because of school, mono, summer classes etc it has prevented me from working even over 25 hours a week which is killer on the checking account...so I've been grabbing as many side jobs hence me beginning the photog business. I am now submerged in photos, which I love and could do full time (considering the amount of time thats spent post-editing) but I still needed some consistency in my life... so where to go from here...
Well, I have been watching Teddy pt and have loved it- seeing him grow into a little boy over the last 3-4 months has been amazing! I didn't want to leave him quite yet and I knew his Mom still had work to do. I had a possible position open up that would be 40 hrs a week that a friend was doing over the summer but I'd have to leave Teddy sooner than I wanted. I thought about it and for some reason, yes, I'll admit I am a procrastinator... I never sent her my resume for about 2 weeks.
I will not bore you with the further details, all I'll say is refer to last weeks blog post where it kinda sounded like I was close to a breakdown. I didn't know what "normal" was anymore and it was wearing me out! Don't even think about opening the door to my room- its horrible! ;)

So to make it brief here is the timeline:

Friday afternoon- call from my Aunt

Monday morning- call about a nanny position

Monday- watch Teddy

Monday evening- interview for nanny position (1.5 hrs)
Tuesday- finish the interview over the phone (~45 min)

Wednesday- Meet husband and children

h.i.r.e.d. within 5 minutes of being with the children.
Its a whirlwind but such a blessing! The children already have my heart and I feel so comfortable with the entire family. I'll be working 3 10-12 hour days as well as any other time they need me since they are physicians and best of all I have 2 week days available to either do photos all day long or watch Teddy! God has His way of working things out. There are more crazy stories to add to the mix but I'll leave that for another post or if I talk to you in person you can ask me about it.

I kept pretty quiet about this until I knew for sure... so don't feel bad if you had no idea that I've been "looking" for a full time job since May- cause I obviously haven't been pounding the pavement by any means and this landed in my lap.

Let me just say life is all about networking

Thanks for all of you who have prayed for me- besides taking a bunch of b-complex I've been trying to manage my time a bit better and its helped. I just know my time is even more limited now but I think that will be good for me.

Love to you all

3 comments:

Christine said...

Brittani, I'm so glad you've found something more stable. I'll be praying for you as you begin this new chapter. Praise God!

ANGEL said...

God is AMAZING!!!

I'm sooo happy for you :D

Jayme said...

Wow!! What an awesome opportunity! Congratulations--I know how good it feels and what a relief. Do they live near?