CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 15, 2008

Thankful Stars


I was watching one of my students from ECDC- I'm at their house about once a month which has been such a blessing over the past year.  

This weekend I saw their Christmas tree and these little paper stars caught my attention. I said "Aww did you make these MK?" She said "Yes, my family and I made these, they are thankful stars. We wrote what we were thankful for. " I thought this was such a great idea and what made my heart smile even more is that this was not just a "kid activity" there were stars from the parents, grandparents etc. Sooo sweet! They made sure they put the year on the back. As I look at our tree and see the homemade ornaments my Mom has kept since 87 (yep I was only 2) it makes me think of traditions I'd like to have with my own family in the future.
What are your favorite family traditions?

1 comments:

ANGEL said...

Aww love this post! Oh I only wish I had the rest of your 1st ornaments...remember they were lost to the sewer monster :*[